Head of Business Operations
Barcelona - Business - Full time
About the job
The core of your role will be to coordinate a set of areas that are crucial for IOMED’s business, including Legal, Financial, Recruitment, Marketing and BI departments. These are crucial in order to ensure that everything goes smooth and company’s plans are fulfilled.
You will be working in a very dynamic environment, which means that you must have a strong problem-solving ability, organization skills, and be proactive. You will have to learn fast about our business model, plan and execute plans, prioritize workload, do research on several topics and make data-driven decisions on all of these areas. You are expected to roll up your sleeves and work with the entire company as a team, while at the same time you set up and manage your own team.
In terms of personality, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in a wide range of areas and adapts quickly to new situations. Communication and negotiation skills are a must. The perfect candidate will also have to excel at social skills and be a natural leader.
You will have to feel comfortable giving support to the rest of the team and you can definitely expect to:
- Make financial plans, execute and correct them along the path if necessary.
- Execute due diligence processes.
- Supervise recruitment of employees and provide guidance and support to the Recruitment team.
- Supervise administrative tasks.
- Provide assistance in marketing and legal issues to the rest of the company.
- Monthly financial report to CEO & ad-hoc reporting.
- Collecting technical KPIs and updating business metrics.
- Set up remaining business operations processes.
- Assist CEO with investment round issues.
- Select IT (& other areas) suppliers and implement selected solutions.
- Keep legal documents updated and manage legal issues.
- Prepare new marketing materials (including marketing tools such as webinars) and keep existing marketing material updated.
- Executing external communication plan.
- Selection and training of some additional team members that will lead key departments under your responsibility.
- Listen, guide and support your team whenever it is necessary, no matter how simple or difficult tasks are.
What we are looking for
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management, or similar relevant degree course.
- Experience in a startup is a plus.
- Perfect English fluency (part of the interview will be held in English)
- MBA or other masters’ degrees are a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Permanent contract
- Company profit-sharing scheme valued at up to €10,000 per year
- Flexible schedule, with the possibility of home office.
- 28 days of vacations per year.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, with a huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make your mark in e-health and AI.
IOMED is a leading technology start-up company in the field of massive medical data extraction and processing. It is made up of a united, young, dynamic, and flexible team, which, after several years of working together, is characterized by its agility, enjoyment of work, and rapport. Accordingly, we are looking for candidates with the desire to innovate, launch a relevant project, and grow with it, always enjoying teamwork and challenges, which are many, every day.
As an employer, we offer equal opportunity. We want to grow our team with talented, dynamic people who want to make their mark in the field of AI and research, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, about 50% of clinical trials are delayed due to slow data collection from patients, which is done manually. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient in both time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real-World Data, that is, those contained in electronic medical records (EHRs). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured.
IOMED has found a solution to this situation, making it possible to fully harness the value of Real-World clinical data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, resulting in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains complete clinical information from hospitals.
In this way, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, which allows increasing the number of patients that meet the criteria, as well as reducing the total time and manual work dedicated to this task.