Barcelona - Clinical Ops - Full time
About the position
The Clinical Specialist for Data Labeling Quality position is a position for people interested in working in the Artificial Intelligence Industry in the healthcare sector. The feature will focus on jotting down assignments and delivering high quality by following a variety of instructions. You will work cross-functionally with the Operations and Data Science teams to drive quality improvements.
You must have knowledge of clinical practice, and be comfortable working with medical records. Preferably, you should have experience working in clinical trials and the ability to support definition.
In terms of personality, we are looking for someone who is detailed, with the ability to concentrate and analyze.
You will have to feel comfortable adapting, supporting the rest of the team, and you can definitely expect:
- Labeling clinical data in order to train natural language processing models.
- Support to the technical team in the detailed understanding of the medical records.
- Review, analysis, and categorization of input and output variables of our product.
- Collaborate with other clinicians, data scientists, developers, and research psychologists in defining clinical models.
What are we looking for?
- Graduated in medicine or with a focus on life sciences (biology, biotechnology, psychology, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in clinical practice.
- Experience in basic, clinical and/or translational research.
What we offer
- Annual salary: € 30.000 - € 35.000
- Full-time permanent contract
- Profit-sharing scheme.
- Flexible hours, with the possibility of remote.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, which maintains a balance between work and personal life.
- Most days, I have lunch on our sunny terrace.
IOMED is a technological company of software development. It was launched in 2016, funded by local and international ventures.
We are passionate and talented young professionals, from all around Spain and the world (It couldn’t be any other way, as we’re based in beautiful and bright Barcelona). Our “dream team” is made up of mathematicians, statisticians, bioinformaticians, and physicians.
We are looking for people who are eager to innovate and be part of a project with an impact on the healthcare industry, enjoying what we do, team-work, and taking on new challenges.
IOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, dynamic people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, around 50% of Clinical Trials are delayed due to patient recruitment, since patient data collection is performed in a manual fashion. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient both in time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real World Data, i.e. derived from Electronic health records (EHR). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured, i.e. in plain text. This also leads, in part, to the existence of data silos, making it impossible to aggregate data from different hospitals.
IOMED has found the solution to this situation, making it possible to take advantage of the full value of clinical Real World Data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, which results in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains the complete clinical information from hospitals.
By this means, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, allowing an enormous increase in criteria-compliant patients and a reduction of total time and manual labor devoted to this task.