Assistant Project Manager
Barcelona - Quadrant - Part time
About the position
Your main role is to support the Project Manager of the team in monitoring the clinical studies that IOMED is carrying out with different clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
You must be comfortable working in a very dynamic environment. Have the problem-solving capacity and be able to make decisions. It is key for your role that you are an organized person with a high capacity for planning, as well as having a great desire to learn.
In terms of personality, we are looking for someone who works well in a team, can teach and learn from others, and maintains fluid communication about the tasks that are being carried out.
Things You Might Do
You will have to feel comfortable adapting, giving support to the rest of the team, and you can expect:
- Updating and reporting the progress of each project.
- Follow-up of milestones of each project.
- Identification of the necessary resources and gaps.
- Support in project planning.
- Preparation of internal documentation for clients.
What are we looking for:
- Good level of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) & Google Suite expertise
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Good attitude and desire to learn.
- Interest in new technologies and/or projects with an impact on the health sector will be valued.
- Experience in the field of life sciences is valued
What we offer
- Salary: €700/month
- Internship Agreement.
- Duration of 6 months.
- Morning part-time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Flexible hours and hybrid work model
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, which maintains the balance between work and personal life.
IOMED is a leading technology start-up company in the field of massive medical data extraction and processing. It is made up of a united, young, dynamic, and flexible team, which, after several years of working together, is characterized by its agility, enjoyment of work, and rapport. Accordingly, we are looking for candidates with the desire to innovate, launch a relevant project, and grow with it, always enjoying teamwork and challenges, which are many, every day.
As an employer, we offer equal opportunity. We want to grow our team with talented, dynamic people who want to make their mark in the field of AI and research, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical disability, or age.
What we do
Today, around 50% of clinical trials are delayed due to slow data collection from patients, which is done manually. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient in both time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through real-world data, that is, those contained in electronic medical records (EHRs). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured, ie in plain text.
IOMED has found a solution to this situation, making it possible to fully harness the value of real-world clinical data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, resulting in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains complete clinical information from hospitals.
In this way, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, which allows increasing the number of patients that meet the criteria, as well as reducing the total time and manual work dedicated to this task.