Area Manager for South Europe
Barcelona - Sales - Full time
About the job
This role will be in the center of IOMED’s future exponential and international growth.
As Area Manager for Iberia, your key responsibility is to develop IOMED business in Spain, Portugal and Italy. Your role will be to lead and define the commercial development strategy of the company, contact clients in the Pharmaceutical Industry and develop and sell projects ranging from Observational Studies, Clinical Trials, Feasibility Studies and any other use case that can benefit from our technology. You will also have to define the implementation strategy of our software in the hospitals of these territories.
In addition, we expect you to participate in strategic product development such as line extensions, new product development, and product enhancements.
You will be working in a very dynamic environment, which means that you must have a strong problem-solving ability, organization skills, and be proactive. You must have prior experience in sales, selling research or innovation projects to the Pharmaceutical Industry, and also in Key Account Management. Alternatively, experience in Clinical Operations, Medical Advice or equivalent relevant positions in the Pharmaceutical Industry itself will be valued.
In terms of personality, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in a wide range of areas and adapts quickly to new situations.
You will have to feel comfortable giving support to the rest of the team and you can definitely expect to:
- Manage daily operations to meet business goals.
- Lead the business strategy in the Hospital Engagement and Pharma & CRO divisions.
- Maintain a solid and bidirectional relationship with each of your clients.
- Supervise and guide a team of professionals to maximize revenue.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering timely and quality services.
- Develop strong working relationship with potential clients for new business opportunities within the assigned area.
- Develop business plans for optimal use of resources and time.
- Perform market research to study new business opportunities.
- Ensure our customers satisfaction to generate new business opportunities in their companies/units.
- Evaluate employee performance and develop individual development plans.
- Evaluate existing business procedures and recommend improvements.
- Address customer issues and queries in accurate and timely manner.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, STEM or equivalent training.
- More than four years of experience in commercial management in the Pharmaceutical Industry, especially related to research or innovation projects.
- Excellent client-oriented profile.
- Professional level in Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to lead a non-stop growing team.
- Proactivity and independence in daily work.
- Strong orientation to solid business results.
- Availability to travel frequently, normally within Spain.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full time contract
- Company profit-sharing scheme valued at up to €10,000 per year
- Flexible schedule, with the possibility of home office.
- 28 days of vacations per year.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, with a huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make your mark in e-health and AI.
IOMED is a leading technology start-up company in the field of massive medical data extraction and processing. It is made up of a united, young, dynamic, and flexible team, which, after several years of working together, is characterized by its agility, enjoyment of work, and rapport. Accordingly, we are looking for candidates with the desire to innovate, launch a relevant project, and grow with it, always enjoying teamwork and challenges, which are many, every day.
As an employer, we offer equal opportunity. We want to grow our team with talented, dynamic people who want to make their mark in the field of AI and research, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, about 50% of clinical trials are delayed due to slow data collection from patients, which is done manually. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient in both time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real-World Data, that is, those contained in electronic medical records (EHRs). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured.
IOMED has found a solution to this situation, making it possible to fully harness the value of Real-World clinical data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, resulting in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains complete clinical information from hospitals.
In this way, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, which allows increasing the number of patients that meet the criteria, as well as reducing the total time and manual work dedicated to this task.